Sampieri is a part of the maritime town of Scicli, in the province of Ragusa. In the small village there are two beaches.
The first made up of an area of about 1800 m, located East of the residential area is called “O Pisciuottu” and is characterized by the presence of the ruins of an establishment where bricks where produced and exported around the Mediterranean. The second beach is located to the West and has an area of about 400 m and in its vicinity, in what is called “costa ri carro”, there are traces of excavations for mining purposes that seem to witness a possible settlement of the Neolithic period.
Other prehistoric remains are present in the cave known as "ro Rabbusu", a valley formed following a Miocene tectonic fracture, later became the bed of a stream called Torrente Petraro.
Sanpieri represents an intriguing small seaside town to visit not only for the beauty of its beaches but also for the history.